Windows VS Mac

About 3 weeks ago, I bought a MacBook because I want to start writing some iPhone applications.  It's exciting and everything because all the commercial and advertisement on TV making Mac sounds so cool and wonderful.  For my entire life, I have been using Windows up until now.  With Mac there are a lot of getting used to and learn how to use a new OS.

Things that I missed and not used to:
  • Windows Explorer - I still couldn't get used to the Mac Finder.  I'm so used to the tree view on the left navigation.  It's so easy for me to know where all the stuffs is.  Also, I can easily drag and drop files from one folder to another without opening another window.
  • Cut and paste files - you can only cut and paste text but not files.  So, when you want to move a file, you always need to Finder to be opened and drag the files to the new place.
  • Software un-installation - from what I research online, there is no consistent way of uninstalling software.  For most of the applications, you can just simply drag and application files to Trash to uninstall it.  But there are certain software that require special instructions.  For Windows, you can do it all at Control Panel -> Add / Remove Software.
  • Double click to max the windows size - I got so used to double click a window and expected to max the window to full screen.  But Mac is behaving differently.  Double click actually would minimize the window instead.
  • Task bar - with task bar, I can easily switch between the windows that I have open.  I still yet to find a best to do that.  Sometimes, I even have problem telling how many windows I have actually opened.
Things that I like about Mac
  • Space - this is definition a good feature.  I can categorize all my application to different spaces and switch between spaces quickly.
I'm not saying Windows is better than Mac or anything.  I have been used Windows forever now, it is just hard to change how I used a computer in a short time period.  Maybe I'll get used to it and actually be more productive later.  

Updates later ....

Comments

Blogger said…
Need To Boost Your ClickBank Commissions And Traffic?

Bannerizer makes it easy for you to promote ClickBank products using banners, simply visit Bannerizer, and grab the banner codes for your favorite ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator Tool to promote all of the available ClickBank products.

Popular posts from this blog

SharePoint 2013 App Details Page Error

SharePoint 2013 - Working with Display Template for Content Search Web Part

SharePoint 2013 Features Information List