SharePoint 2013 App Development Catches

When I was setting my environment for doing SharePoint 2013 development, I had a problem deploying the App by pressing F5.  I constantly getting the following error.

Error occurred in deployment step 'Uninstall app for SharePoint': Cannot connect to the SharePoint site Make sure that this is a valid URL and the SharePoint site is running on the local computer. If you moved this project to a new computer or if the URL of the SharePoint site has changed since you created the project, update the Site URL property of the project.

I was pretty sure the site is up and running.  So what was the problem?  It turns out that for doing SharePoint 2013 App deployment (at least for on-premise SharePoint environment), you'll need to be aware of the following:

  • Development Catches
    • Can’t deploy app from VS 2012 using system account
    • Need to give the new account DBO in the following SharePoint database
      • Config
      • Content DB for the Developer site collection
      • App management service application DB
So, my problem was that the account I used doesn't have DBO access to the content DB.  I used the following script on the SharePoint server and everything works fine ...


Get-SPDatabase

Add-SPShellAdmin -database {id} -username 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SharePoint 2013 App Details Page Error

SharePoint 2013 - Working with Display Template for Content Search Web Part

SharePoint 2013 Features Information List